Latest posts by Anne (see all)
- 10 Present Life Choices You Are Sure To Regret In 10 Years From Now - September 12, 2017
- 10 Signs You Two Are The Kind Of Friends Who Can Pick Up Exactly From Where You Left Off - September 4, 2017
- 12 Reasons Why You Should Adopt An “I Don’t Give A F@#K” Attitude In Life - August 29, 2017
See all stories by Anne
“What if things had been different?”
“What if I had done things differently?”
These thoughts often torment even the best of us. Wondering how we could have affected the course of things and how our decisions were translated into actions. By the time you regret the choices you made, it may be too late. I can’t give you a sure shot answer whether following this list will rid you of your regrets in the future but it sure will diminish the possibilities of it.
1. Surrounding yourself with negativity and people who bring you down.
You don’t need people who don’t appreciate you for who you are or motivate you in your life. It is your choice who you wish to keep in your life. So get rid of the excess junk.
2. Pretending to be someone you’re not just to please everyone else.
Putting on a mask just to please others is a mistake a lot of people make. This leads to making false friends and bad decisions more than anything else. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks of you, what really matters is what you think of yourself.
3. Blindly following somebody else just because they think they know what’s best for you.
Don’t let other people make your decisions. You are the captain of your own ship and it is up to you to navigate it and reach friendly shores. Be true to who you are and what you truly believe in.
4. Hiding from anything that makes you uncomfortable and avoiding change.
The only thing constant in this universe in change. Don’t hide from it, or run from it. Embrace the changes and work with them for a better tomorrow.
5. Only thinking about yourself and what will benefit you.
No one can climb the ladder of success alone. You need people to help you along the way to reach the top. Inspire others and become their motivation. They will remember you long after you’re gone.
6. Abandoning your pursuit as soon as things get even slightly difficult.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. But if you’re the kind of person who just abandons all hope when things get difficult then you’re doing it all wrong. Keep your eye on the prize and just keep pushing forward, one step at a time.
7. Dwelling on silly fights and grudges and ruining your friendships in the process.
Don’t fixate on the small issues because that’s when they escalate and become bigger issues. Some friends are worth keeping around, no matter so let go of the silly fights and arguments.
8. Settling for mediocre and not pushing for the best.
Know that you deserve nothing but the best. Don’t settle and work for what you want to achieve. You are the only one who can make yourself feel small or big. So whatever you do, do not settle!
9. Overthinking and overanalyzing everything.
Don’t scrutinize and try to micro manage everything. Be strong enough to let go off things instead of thinking about them over and over and imagining things that weren’t there, to begin with.
10. Waiting for tomorrow to come.
Tomorrow never comes till it’s too late and when it does, you will wish you had started yesterday. So stop waiting for some mystical time in the future to accomplish things. Start right now!