Life. I don’t want to begin by saying that it is unfair. There is no fun in stating the obvious. It is an uncertain destination and we are the drivers aiming to control the outcome of every instance.
Every age is a milestone and every obstacle is preparing us to create our own paths and make a beautiful life out of it. Here are 25 poems that summarize crucial life lessons one learns and unlearns by the age of twenty-five.
1. Memories warm us from within but our past ceases to haunt us as we become older.
2. We learn to value ourselves a little more after every heartbreak.
3. By 25, we want to grow in life. But, in the reverse order.
4. We know we are here to survive and we prove the same, every day.
5. We love daydreaming even at this age because, in our dreams, we love to do what we really want to do even if our real life is far away from those things.
6. Solitude is bliss. And, our interactions with nature are pure.
7. Relationships become messy and we fall out of love. But, it is okay.
8. Silence is golden. We learn this by this age.
9. We carry on. There is no such thing as giving up even when we are at our lowest.
10. And, this is how we feel when we are about to bid our adieus to a phase.
Embrace the unknown, chances are you might find something you are not even looking for. Life is a gift. Cherish it while you can. And, age is just a number. You have all the time in the world to fulfill every ambition of yours. Each wishes that you blow a candle for on your birthday.