Latest posts by Syed Muksit (see all)
- TripHippie – A Bootstrapped Startup Journey From 50K To INR 1Crore In Revenue With Profit In The First Year - October 13, 2016
- Inspired By The Work Of Everyday Heroes, She Found Her Second Calling In “The Good People Fund” - September 30, 2016
- These Two Enterprising Minds Are Empowering Your Life Experiences To Do Good To Others In 45 Seconds - September 26, 2016
See all stories by Syed Muksit
I have grown up watching Bruce Lee movies. And who has not? Bruce Lee was one of the greatest martial arts hero the world has ever seen. He has been a synonym to attributes like Focus, Power, Accuracy, Self Belief and many more. Apart from being the best in what he did – Martial Arts, he was also equally respected for his profound philosophical and life development coaching skills across the globe. Bruce Lee also studied Philosophy at the University of Washington in Seattle.
Out of all Bruce Lee’s great quotes, these five quotes have been my personal favorites. These quotes make me feel and realize that had he been around today, he could have been such a great mentor to guide our budding entrepreneurs. Bruce Lee was a master who was open to diverse ideas. He was a man who used to integrate his diverse learning to create something entirely unique out of it. Bruce Lee was an enterprise in himself. He teaches you how to make the best use of what you have around. He teaches you that if you can start believing in yourself, you can always bring out the best in you.
1. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.
To achieve something great, something big, the key lies in getting started. We all have been growing everyday with ideas that can really bring about a change in the world. However, we are continuously frightened by the thought “what if we fail”. And in the process, we fail to think “what if we succeed“. We dare not to come out of our comfort zones. But all success demands is one determined step forward from us. Just go start-up.
2. A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.
Take pride in what you do. Take pride in your success. But don’t let them get to your head. Walk with humility. Always learn from the greats and lend your hand of guidance to all who look up to you. Neither success nor failure is a constant in life.
3. Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
Be firm on what you want to achieve. But make sure to be flexible enough to change your tactics to achieve what you deserve. If one road ends, look for the other that will lead you to your goal. Be ready to pivot your plans.
4. Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.
Be honest. Take responsibilities. Honor your own mistakes. Be with people in their moments of despair. There is no great feeling than the feeling of respect. Be a man of integrity. The world will respect you and be with you.
5. I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
It’s easy to set a goal. However, to achieve it, we need to give in a lot more. We need to hone our skills to achieve what we want. Focus. Dedication. Perseverance. Self belief. There will be innumerable times when we will be forced to divert our mind, withdraw ourselves by the surrounding circumstances. If we don’t get it right the first time, try again. Try again. Try again. And the one who will keep at it will see the final victory and will rise above the rest.
Have you ever been inspired by any other quote of Bruce Lee?