Thailand is a beautiful Asian country with a thriving culture and art scene. If you’re an adventure-seeking traveler looking for your next big getaway, you can turn to humble Thailand for inspiration and ideas. The picturesque views will captivate any tired tourist.
One of the most famous islands in Thailand is Koh Phangan in the province of Surat Thani. You have to take the Koh Samui Koh Phangan route to arrive there. Tourists love the festivities that held on Sunrise Beach, as well as the white-sand beaches of Hat Thian and Hat Khuat.
Before you pack your bags and head on to that magical island, let’s find more about the top tourist attractions in Koh Phangan.
1. Haad Rin Beach
Haad Rin Beach has a sunrise beach, where lively parties happen. Haad Rin also has a sunset beach that holds the best views on the island. This place has one of the softest white sands on the island, which is situated on the southern tip and considered the most spoken beach because of the full moon party.
People celebrate the Full Moon Party on Haad Rin Beach, once a month, linking to the lunar calendar. This party draws in a lot of travelers.
Here are the beautiful things to do in Haad Rin Beach:
- Eat. Dine-in Thai restaurants and visit shops located in town, which is just a few minutes away from the ocean.
- Dance. Witness the nightly fire shows aside from the live music and bars that the beach is famous.
- Relax. If you want a more serene or quieter beach, you can head to Haad Rin Nai or the sunset beach.
2. Haad Than Sadet or Than Sadet National Park
You can find this tourist attraction on the east coast of Koh Phangan, at the foot of the magnificent Than Sadet waterfalls, surrounded by stunning high hills and cliffs. Swimming all year round is possible because of its deep waters. Also, get to see the fantastic royal inscriptions on rocks, which provide visible evidence that kings of Thailand came to bathe in Than Sadet in the past.
Here are the best activities to do in Than Sadet:
- Hike. Get to enjoy trekking on a natural hiking trail covered with small rocks, with some tree roots to cross and steps to climb. The walk from the waterfall is about 1.5 kilometers, with a lovely lush jungle and clear water streaming.
- Water adventures. Explore countless pools and steps from the beach to the waterfalls of Phablets Ngan, which is about 30meters high, ending in a beautiful pool and flowing out like a creek. You can spend three to four hours of swimming and relaxing at the waterfalls to fully enjoy the experience.
- Photography. Take photos from the beautiful views of natural wonders, the rocks, cliffs, and the waters.
- Eat. Experience dining in the best Thai restaurants in the area that are serving authentic Thai food. They also serve Western cuisine.
3. Thong Sala Night Market
Don’t miss the unique experience at Thong Sala Night Market in Koh Phangan. It is full of food with plenty of seafood selections, which are fresh and delicious. Whether you want traditional Thai meals, fried potatoes, or sushi rolls, everyone’s appetite will be satisfied in this place.
Here the best things to eat in Koh Phangan, Thailand:
- Pad Thai – this stir-fry noodle dish is a Thai cuisine staple. Pad Thai has rice noodles, egg, tofu, and several other ingredients and spices.
- Larb – this dish regarded as the Laos unofficial national food. Larb contains meat such as beef, chicken, pork, fish, or duck that’s mixed with spices.
- Mango Sticky Rice – this dessert is a mix of sticky rice, coconut milk, and fresh mangoes. It originated in Thailand, but it’s well-loved all over Southeast Asia.
- Massaman Curry – this food ranked first at the list of the World’s 50 Most Delicious foods. It’s a culinary delight that you have to experience in Koh Phangan yourself.
4. Ang Thong National Marine Park
You can set off on an unforgettable and enjoyable boat trip to explore the beautiful beaches in Koh Phangan. Boat tours can bring you to hard-to-reach places on the island, such as Bottle Beach, Ko Ma, Ko Tae, and Thong Nai Pan.
Here are the other best things to do in Ang Thong National Marine Park:
- Camping. Take your boating trip journey to the next level by having overnight camping for a minimal fee. You can leave your worries behind and relax in nature.
- Water activities. Once you reach the beautiful Ang Thong National Marine Park, you can set a couple of hours snorkeling and swimming.
- Cruising. For a memorable and unique experience, try a sunset cruise tour to explore the national park in style.
- Boating. If you want an active approach, you can explore Ang Thong Marine Park by kayaking, rowing your way around the different islets in emerald-colored waters.
5. Dive Sites in Koh Phangan
All dive sites are pretty amazing in Thailand, most notably those in Koh Tao and Koh Phangan. The famous ones are the Sail Rock and the Southwest Pinnacle located halfway with excellent dive sites to explore. If you just wanted snorkeling, check out some of the best beaches in Haad Ya and Haad Salad.
If you’re looking for specific sea creatures, here are some of the possible sightings depending on the month you go there:
- September to February – High chance of seeing sharks and seahorses, and possible sightings of whale sharks, turtles, and dolphins. You may also see whales in the first quarter of the year.
- March to August – High chance of seeing sharks, whale sharks, and seahorses; there are also possible sightings of turtles and dolphins.
Indeed, Koh Phangan is a grand adventure island to visit where you can relax and stay active at the same time. Explore the natural tourist attractions with waterfalls, beaches, and national parks. Trek, hike, camp, boat, or kayak all you want. Make the most out of your Koh Phangan by not missing eating authentic Thai food and shopping in their incredible night market.
So, when are you booking your tickets???